Carol Davila Nursing School!
If you are here, you may want to find out more about our school,
Bucharest and Romania.
We will do our best to be a good guide and make you eager to visit us.
Carol Davila Nursing School is the first private school in Bucharest and in Romania after 1990, when the communist system was eradicated. The school was established and led until 2008 by Dr. Mioara Mincu, a great personality in the medical field. In a few years, Ms. Mincu developed a whole network of independent „Carol Davila” sanitary schools in 15 Romanian cities.
Carol Davila Nursing School is named after the founder of the Romanian School of Medicine, Carol Davila. It is a nonprofit institution that operates through self-financing. The school activates under the patronage of Dr. Mioara Mincu Humanist Foundation.
After 28 years of existence the school
- Has modern offices; there are 3 locations in central Bucharest.
- Has a team of highly trained teachers.
- Has ensured nursing practice in the best hospitals in Bucharest, in pharmacies and pharmaceutical companies.
- Our graduates are practicing as registered nurses, pharmacy nurses and balneo-physiokinetoteraphy nurses in Romania and abroad.
- The school offers the students uniforms, books, studying materials and scholarships.
The school offers students the opportunity to perform their practice in the best hospitals in Bucharest.
THEORY CLASSES / CLINICAL CLASSES
FOR Registered Nurses:
I st year 30 WEEKS THEORY CLASSES
12 WEEKS CLINICAL CLASSES
II nd year 24 WEEKS THEORY CLASSES
18 WEEKS CLINICAL CLASSES
III rd year 24 WEEKS THEORY CLASSES
18 WEEKS CLINICAL CLASSES
Our school mission is to train as many nurses to perform as health educators with the best employers worldwide. The student is always at the centre of our mission.
European Nursing Module Concept
The main purposes of this module are:
- Encouraging the students to achieve an extensive practice experience.
- Motivating the students to perform nursing at European standards.
- Supporting the students in achieving and share knowledge and European experiences.
- Encouraging the inter-cultural communication.
- Offering opportunities to understand the true value of nursing.
- Offering opportunities to share with their colleagues the importance of the experience gathered during the exchange period.
- Discovering the influences of culture through nursing.
In 1999 our school was the first Romanian member of the European Nursing Module, only two years after the network became operational, and has been active since then.
ENM Annual Conferences
Our representatives participated in the ENM Annual Conferences and in 2004 Carol Davila Nursing College was the organizer of the event.
This year our school will be represented again at the 20th European Nursing Module Network Management Conference, which is to be held on 25th to 28th April 2012 at the University of Brighton, UK, with new proposals for cooperation.
ENM Student Exchanges
Every year since 2007 the activity regarding the exchanges has become more intense and over the last years we have been one of the most active schools in the network.
· How we manage the exchanges:
- Accommodation – we can help you with the booking of apartments at favorable prices, but you can also book by yourself.
- Transfer – Every guest will be waited at the airport and will be driven to the hotel.
- Schedule - The two weeks schedule will include school visits and hospital practice. The schedule will be designed according to your preferences. The only thing you have to do is send us your list of specializations which you are interested in.
- Hospital Practice - In terms of nursing practice, „Carol Davila” Nursing School will offer you access to the best public and private hospitals in Bucharest. Depending on your choices, you can visit areas such as surgery, pediatrics, emergency unit, psychiatry, cardiology, neurology and others. Practical nursing duration is 6 hours / day. If you wish, you can visit other areas than chosen in the application form. You will be accompanied during nursing practice by Nursing teachers knowledgeable of English and also by students of our school that are in nursing practice.
- Presentations - At the end of the exchange, every group of students will give a presentation on their home health system and school to the students in our school, members of the ENM Club.
- Leisure – We will help you to discover Bucharest by providing you with information and advice. Our students can accompany you on your evening short trips. However, you are free to organize your leisure time as you wish. At weekend we can organize trips to tourist attractions at your request.
- Official Dinners – We invite you to a welcome dinner to have the opportunity to know each other better and also to a farewell dinner.
Coordonator ENM Exchange: Prof. Alina Ioniță