- Afişări: 4332
We will be at the 21 th Conference of ENM
Our schools will be represented this year in Norway at the 21 European Nursing Module Conference, held in April 24-27 by Professor Larisa Banica, International Relations Director and ENM Coordinator and Professor Maria Pârlog, Director Clinical Education.
The event hosted this year by Ostfold University College Fredrikstad, Norway, brings together representatives of the 30 active members of the network, the best nursing colleges and universities from 14 European countries.
During the past 12 months, the network ENM received four applications for new members from the three schools in Belgium (Karel de Grote University College in Antwerp, Hogeschool Antwerpen in Merksem Artesis Haute Ecole de Namur and Liége Luxembourg Paramedical department Sainte Elisabeth in Namur ) and Macedonian Higher Medical School University "St. Kliment Ohridski" University in Bitola. Instituto Superior de Saúde do Alto Ave, Esau in Póvoa de Lanhoso (Portugal) is now sleeping (2013 and 2014).
Our mission is to promote the values of Carol Davila Nursing College and highlight the importance of student exchanges in providing adequate education for future nurses, in order to achieve the highest possible performance parameters in this profession.
Over 4000 students studying in the 5 faculties of University College Ostfold Fredrikstad, of which 1300 attend the Faculty of Health and Social Sciences. After attending for 3 years (180 credits) graduates can apply for the right to practice.
Carol Davila Nursing College!
If you are here, you may want to find out more about our school,
Bucharest and Romania.
We will do our best to be a good guide and make you eager to visit us.
Carol Davila Nursing College is the first private school in Bucharest and in Romania after 1990, when the communist system was eradicated. The school was established and led until 2008 by Dr. Mioara Mincu, a great personality in the medical field. In a few years, Ms. Mincu developed a whole network of independent “Carol Davila” sanitary schools in 15 Romanian cities.
Carol Davila Nursing College is named after the founder of the Romanian School of Medicine, Carol Davila. It is a nonprofit institution that operates through self-financing. The school activates under the patronage of Dr. Mioara Mincu Humanitarian Foundation.
After 22 years of existence the school
- Has modern offices; there are 3 locations in central Bucharest.
- Has a team of highly trained teachers.
- Has ensured nursing practice in the best hospitals in Bucharest, and in pharmacies and pharmaceutical companies.
- Our graduates are practicing as registered nurses, pharmacy nurses and balneo-physiokinetoteraphy nurses in Romania and abroad.
- The school offers the students uniforms, books, studying materials and scholarships.
The school offers students the opportunity to perform their practice in the best hospitals in Bucharest.
THEORY CLASSES / CLINICAL CLASSES
FOR Registered Nurses:
I st year 30 WEEKS THEORY CLASSES
12 WEEKS CLINICAL CLASSES
II nd year 24 WEEKS THEORY CLASSES
18 WEEKS CLINICAL CLASSES
III rd year 24 WEEKS THEORY CLASSES
18 WEEKS CLINICAL CLASSES
Our school mission is to train as many medical assistants to perform as health educators with the best employers worldwide. The student is always at the centre of our mission.
European Nursing Module Concept
The main purposes of this module are:
- Encouraging the students to achieve an extensive practice experience.
- Motivating the students to perform nursing at European standards.
- Supporting the students in achieving and share knowledge and European experiences.
- Encouraging the inter-cultural communication.
- Offering opportunities to understand the true value of nursing.
- Offering opportunities to share with their colleagues the importance of the experience gathered during the exchange period.
- Discovering the influences of culture through nursing.
In 1999 our school was the first Romanian member of the European Nursing Module, only two years after the network became operational, and has been active since then.
ENM Annual Conferences
Our representatives participated in the ENM Annual Conferences and in 2004 Carol Davila Nursing College was the organizer of the event.
This year our school will be represented again at the 20th European Nursing Module Network Management Conference, which is to be held on 25th to 28th April 2012 at the University of Brighton, UK, with new proposals for cooperation.
ENM Student Exchanges
Every year since 2007 the activity regarding the exchanges has become more intense and over the last years we have been one of the most active schools in the network.
- 2009 – 2010 – 11 Romanian students visited Sweden, Denmark and Great Britain and 9 students came to Bucharest from Denmark, Switzerland, and Great Britain
- 2010 – 2011 – The number of the participants from Romania increased to 15 (to Switzerland, Spain, Holland, Great Britain) and the number of guest students increased to 13 (from Denmark, Great Britain, Spain, Holland)
- 2011-2012 – 11 Romanian students participated in the exchanges (Denmark, Great Britain, Spain, Switzerland) and 30 foreign students came to Romania (from Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Spain, Great Britain)
How we manage the exchanges:
- Accommodation – we can help you with the booking of apartments at favorable prices, but you can also book by yourself.
- Transfer – Every guest will be waited at the airport and will be driven to the hotel.
- Schedule - The two-week schedule will include school visits and hospital practice. The schedule will be designed according to your preferences. The only thing you have to do is send us your list of specializations which you are interested in.
- Hospital Practice - In terms of nursing practice, “Carol Davila” Postsecondary School will offer you access to the best public and private hospitals in Bucharest. Depending on your choices, you can visit areas such as surgery, pediatrics, emergency receiving unit, psychiatry, cardiology, neurology and others. Practical nursing duration is 42 hours (6 hours / day). If you wish, you can visit other areas than chosen in the application form. You will be accompanied during nursing practice by Nursing teachers knowledgeable of English, and also by students of our school that are in nursing practice.
- Presentations - At the end of the exchange every group of students from a country will give a presentation on their home health system and school to the students in our school, members of the ENM Club.
- Leisure – We will help you to discover Bucharest by providing you with information and advice. Our students can accompany you on your evening short trips. However, you are free to organize your leisure time as you wish. At weekend we can organize trips to tourist attractions at your request.
- Official Dinners – We invite you to a welcome dinner to have the opportunity to know each other better, and also to a farewell dinner.
Coordonator ENM Exchange: Prof. Larisa Banica